Network Partner Profile
- Established in 1891 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Subsidiary of Great-West Lifeco Inc., a financial services holding company with interests in the life and health insurance, retirement savings, investment management and reinsurance businesses.
- Great-West Lifeco Inc. and its subsidiaries have more than CAD 524 billion in assets under administration, and are members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies.
- Great-West Life services more than 30,000 employee benefit plan sponsors.
- Premium and deposits for group life and health insurance reached over CAD 7.2 billion in 2011, with a market share of 22.1%.
- Great-West Life offers a broad spectrum of benefits solutions for organisations of all sizes.
- Ratings in 2012: AA by Fitch and A+ by A.M. Best.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1977.
- The company’s scale and low unit costs place it in a strong position to help organisations provide attractive and cost effective benefit programmes.
- Offers sophisticated disability management services, including disability management consultants who can assist plan sponsors in the design and implementation of absence management, workplace safety and claim management programmes.
- First Canadian insurance company to introduce internet-based reporting and administration services for plan sponsors. GroupNet services include the ability of plan sponsors to manage their plans, through online updating of records and creation of customised reports.
- Internet-based services for plan members provide self service access to plan information and access to a library of health and wellness information.
- Wide range of life insurance products, as well as P&C insurance products
- Volume discounts on premiums in group business
- Monthly, quarterly and annual premium payments
- Attractive local dividends paid out in cash
- Attractive assistance package
- Attractive free cover limits for multinationals
- Coverage for retired employees available
- Coverage for spouses available
Group Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life
- Disability (short–term and long-term)
- Medical, Dental & Drug
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available:
- Absence & other Disability Management Services
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Various Employee Health & Wellness Products, including Employee Assistance Plans and Best Doctors Referral Service.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plans
- Group Retirement Savings Plans
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plans