Network Partner Profile
- Established in 1969, Dearborn National is a wholly owned subsidiary of Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company, one of the largest health care insurance providers in the United States.
- Among the country’s leading providers of group benefits insurance programmes. Dearborn National offers group life, disability and dental employee benefits programmes.
- Top ten dental carrier in the U.S. ranked by LIMRA and NADP*.
- More than 70,000 in-force groups, insuring over 8 million employees.
- Licensed in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and both the U.S. and British Virgin Islands.
- A.M. Best rating of ‘A+’ (superior) in 2010.
- Partner of the Swiss Life Network since 2006.
* LIMRA and NADP Group Dental Sales and In force Survey, Q2 YTD 2010. Subscribers sold and administered by the Dearborn National brand companies.
- Competitive in all group sizes.
- Diverse and expansive product portfolio.
- Administrative solutions including self administration, list billing and Internet administration options.
- Beneficiary Resource Services (grief, legal and financial counselling for group life beneficiaries).
- Disability Resource Services (online information resources for all STD and LTD insureds plus counselling for those on LTD disability claim).
- Value-added services available with Group Life plans.
- Telephonic and face-to-face employee assistance programmes.
- Largest national dental network with over 167,000 dental access points.
- Your Online Benefits portal that allows employers and employees to manage benefits online.
- All insurance programmes can be pooled, with the exception of voluntary benefit programmes (100% employee paid).
Coverages and Products
Types of Benefit - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (rider)
- Dependent Life (rider)
- Supplemental Life (rider)
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Pension
- Group Dental
- Voluntary Life, Dental, Disability and Critical Illness Benefits (partially and fully employee paid)