Network Partner Profile
Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Established in 2007, Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Ltd. (AMHI) is a joint venture between Apollo Hospitals Group and Munich Health, Munich Re’s health focused business segment.
- The joint venture brings together the complementary strengths of its partners. Apollo Hospitals Group draws an extensive understanding of the health care domain and has strong brand equity as a health care brand in India. This, combined with Munich Health’s excellent technical expertise, provides a sound foundation for Apollo Munich.
- The Apollo Hospitals Group is Asia’s largest integrated health care provider with 50+ hospitals, 1000+ pharmacy outlets, and 40+ clinics. In addition, Apollo Hospital group also has the capability of handling health care related Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services.
- Apollo Munich is one of the leading health insurers in India and offers innovative health, accident and travel insurance solutions on a pan-India basis from its 50+ operation offices.
- By virtue of its best-in-class service, Apollo Munich garnered a sizeable market in the last 5 years of operation and has emerged as the fastest growing health insurer in India.
- AMHI has been recognised as a ‘Great Place To Work 2012’ for the second consecutive year and has also won several other awards during 2012. The awards include ‘TOP Green IT Enterprise Award’ supported by APC-Schneider for green computing initiatives, ‘Financial Inclusion Award’ in the SKOCH Group for enrolling almost 95% of the members from the unorganized sector residing in rural India, and the ‘Effie Awards 2011’ for the impact and effectiveness exuberated by its marketing campaign: ‘Pause – Think about Health Insurance’.
- Rating of parent company: Munich Re: AA- (S&P) stable; A.M. Best A+; Fitch AA- (very strong).
- The company’s medical units earned INR 4760 million in gross premium income in the financial year 2011-12, up 68% from the previous year, of which almost 50% of the premium contribution is from group business.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 2011.
- Capability of AMHI as a pure health insurance company offers not only health insurance cover but also preventive, promotive, outpatient to palliative services.
- Significant understanding of corporate health care, including disease patterns and incidence, in-depth knowledge of prevention & wellness, provider profiles and behaviour.
- The Apollo Hospitals Group’s extensive health care infrastructure, combined with a customer-oriented approach guarantees best possible solutions.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage not poolable:
- Group Medical
- Overseas Travel
- Personal Accident (rider)
Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd (Kotak Life Insurance) is a joint venture between Kotak Mahindra Bank, its affiliates and Old Mutual.
- Combined international strengths and local advantages to offer customers a wide range of innovative life insurance products for groups and individuals.
- Employs around 5,000 people in its various businesses and has around 197 branches in 141 cities across India.
- Is amongst the first private insurers in the Indian life insurance industry to have reported an operational profit.
- Total assets managed stand at over USD 10.5 billion in 2009.
- Strong rating of parent company. Fitch awarded AA+ in 2010.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 2003.
- Dedicated to developing unique products with a special focus on product and service quality.
- Among the early entrants in group insurance products in the Indian market.
- Kotak Life Insurance's value proposition is based on strong corporate relationships, superior products, extensive marketing skills and quality of service.
- The objective of Kotak Life Insurance is to build long-term sustainable business under regular premium and sustain fund performance in the capital guaranteed segment.
Coverages and Products
Types of Benefit - Coverage available:
- Group Term Life
- Group Term Life in lieu of EDLI*
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (rider)
- Accidental Lump Sum Disability (rider)
- Critical Illness (rider)
- Terminal Illness (rider)
- Group Gratuity Scheme
- Group Superannuation Scheme
* EDLI = Employees Deposit-Linked Insurance
Available Financial Products:
- Pooled Investment Funds