Network Partner Profile
- Based on premium income, Meiji Yasuda Life is the second largest life insurance company in Japan, the world’s second largest life insurance market, and the number one provider of group life insurance in terms of coverage in force in Japan. The company has subsidiaries and offices in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- The company was formed by the 2004 merger of Meiji Life Insurance and Yasuda Mutual Life, both dating back to the 1880ies. It offers individual life and annuities, group life and pensions, and investment products, along with medical and accident coverage.
- Provides group insurance services to about 280 foreign multinationals in Japan. The company is headquartered in Tokyo and operates approx. 74 regional offices, 18 group marketing offices and 980 agency offices in Japan.
- Meiji Yasuda Life holds assets of JPY 29,664 billion (approx. USD 360.9 billion) as of March 31, 2012.
- Premium income for the fiscal year 2011 equalled JPY 5,184 billion (approx. USD 63.0 billion).
- Rated A by Standard & Poor’s (2012).
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1980.
- Quality products at competitive rates which meet a wide range of insurance needs.
- A broad range of consulting services to respond to diverse and sophisticated customers’ needs.
- Well developed and nationwide service network.
- Coverage include group term life, defined benefit pension plans, defined contribution pension plans, supplemental group medical insurance and individual life insurance and annuities.
- Individual products featuring enhanced medical coverage and a variety of long-term care related services.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Term Life Insurance (Accidental Disability & Hospitalisation rider is available)
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available:
- Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance
- Group Medical Insurance
Product available through non-life subsidiary:
- Group Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Accident Insurance
Group Retirement - Coverage available & poolable
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Employee’s Pension Fund
- Employee Contributory Type Pension Plan