Network Partner Profile
- Established in 1972, Hong Leong Assurance (HLA) is a fully owned subsidiary of Hong Leong Financial Group Berhad, one of the largest publicly listed companies on the Kuala Lumpur stock exchange.
- HLA is ranked within the top 10, with a market share of 10%, employing over 900 staff in over 20 locations.
- Late in 2010 HLA merged its general insurance business with MSIG Insurance Malaysia Bhd (MSIM). While the life insurance business continues to be provided by HLA, the general insurance business is now provided by MSIM.
- The company’s life insurance unit earned MYR 1.653 billion (Gross Earned Premium) in the financial year ended 30 June 2012, up 27% from the previous year.
- Total life business assets under management as at 30 June 2012 amounted to MYR 8.238 billion.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1995.
- Special savings and insurance protection plans offered include the Comprehensive Group Insurance Scheme (CGIS).
- Prompt claim settlements.
- Excellent service and support to brokers, agents and clients.
- Offers a wide range of group products, including Group Term Life, Group Hospital and Surgical, Group Personal Accident and other schemes, such as mortgage insurance and unit-linked insurance.
- Service is provided through a large network of branches, agents and brokers throughout the country as well as bancassurance and alternative distribution channels.
Coverages and Products
Types of Benefit - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Term Life
- Group Accidental Death & Disablement
- Disability Lump Sum (rider)
- Group Critical Illness (rider)
- Group Personal Accident
- Group Hospital & Surgical