Network Partner Profile
- Part of the world-wide Hannover Re Group, one of the world’s leading global life reinsurer groups.
- Has been insuring members of superannuation plans for death and disability cover for over 50 years.
- Hannover Re Group’s premium income as of December 31, 2011 was AUD 15 billion.
- Located in Sydney, Australia.
- Rating of Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd: AA- (very strong) by Standard & Poor’s.
- Rating of Hannover Re Group: AA- (very strong) by Standard & Poor’s and A+ (superior) by A.M. Best.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1996.
- Local portfolio pool: dividends are calculated annually as a percentage of net earned premiums and irrespective of individual claims experience. Dividends can be paid in cash or used to offset future premiums and are not dependent on renewal of the policy in the following year.
- Self-experience: annual or triennial self-experience arrangements are available to Swiss Life funds in excess of 1,000 members. Dividends can be paid in cash or used to offset future premiums and are not dependent on renewal of the policy, as long as any termination is per the end of the agreed period.
- Non-participating policies may be negotiated.
- Premiums are determined after taking into account individual fund characteristics.
- Premiums are payable annually. Semi-annual, quarterly or monthly payments may be arranged and incur a loading.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable but only where insured via an Australian contract and combined with Australian employees. Standalone New Zealand policies are not available.
- Group Life
- Group Total & Permanent Disability / Lump Sum (rider)