Network Partner Profile
- Momentum Employee Benefits is a division of MMI Holdings Limited (MMI), a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE.
- MMI operates in 12 countries outside of South Africa, providing employee benefits, healthcare funding and administration, as well as long-term insurance solutions. These products are provided to all market segments through operating brands Momentum and Metropolitan.
- Momentum Employee Benefits has a combined market share of 26% of the group risk market in South Africa, and is ranked No. 1 in terms of annual premium income (ZAR 3.3 billion in 2011).
- More than 120 years experience in group insurance business.
- Innovative in its disability management approach and very active in the area of benefits communication to employees.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1977.
- Catastrophe cover is offered, under which the insurer covers total claims in excess of a certain amount, up to a predetermined total amount.
- Disability management is applied, a key strategic business focus that aims to reduce the risk exposure.
- Offers a full range of group insurance products and services.
- Innovative ways to obtain medical information utilising the company’s travelling nurses and doctors.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life
- Survivors’ Pension (rider)
- Long-Term Disability Pension / Lump Sum
- Short-Term Disability Pension / Lump Sum
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Funeral Cover
- Salary Payback
Availabe Financial Products:
- Deposit Administration
- Pooled Investment Funds
- Company–Specific Portfolios