Network Partner Profile
- Established in 1824.
- Wiener Städtische Versicherung AG, which belongs to the Vienna Insurance Group, is Austria’s largest insurance company. The Vienna Insurance Group is the largest insurance group in Central and Eastern Europe and is active in 24 European countries.
- Leader in the Austrian insurance business with a market share of 13.77% in 2011.
- Ranked first in the group life and pension market with a share in 2011 of 19.87% and 12.33% respectively.
- Total premium income in 2011 exceeded EUR 2.3 billion.
- 9 provincial offices and around 170 regional offices with a total staff of about 3,497 persons.
- Rated A+ (outlook stable) by Standard & Poor’s in 2012.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1975.
- Local dividends are guaranteed for insurance of retirement pensions.
- Dividends are used to increase the insured pensions or the reserves.
- Exclusive advantage of no waiting period for the distribution of the first local dividend rather than the obligatory year for employees’ pension insurance fund.
- Flexible solutions rather than set tariffs for benefit packages.
- Longer than normal interval is permitted between the invoice and the due date for pension plan reinsurance.
- Pension plan reinsurance is based on tariffs with single and/or annual premiums.
- Loans to policyholders are offered.
- Separate Accounts and Administrative Services Only plans are offered by associated companies.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Old Age Pension / Lump Sum
- Disability Pension / Lump Sum
- Group Life & Survivors’ Pension
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Available Financial Products:
- Pooled Investment Funds
- Company–Specific Portfolios
- Actuarial Services