Network Partner Profile
- Founded in 1961 and headquartered in Helsinki.
- Finland’s second largest pension insurer with a market share of 32.5%, and clearly the largest insurer of self-employed persons, with market share, measured in premiums written, ranging from 30 to 31 per cent in recent years.
- Has staff of approximately 570 employees, and 160 branches providing services to clients across the country (mainly through OP-Pohjola Group).
- Premium income in 2011 amounted to EUR 3.7 billion with over 572’000 persons insured.
- In 2011 paid out EUR 3.6 billion in pensions to 302’000 recipients.
- Underwriting reserves totalled EUR 24.2 billion.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1987.
- The local dividend is the portion of investment income which exceeds the technical interest rate, and is used for premium reduction.
- The expense charge for large employers is reduced based on the total annual salary paid by the company.
- Offers administrative services to pension funds, foundations and employee investment funds.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable,only TEL-exceeding portion:
- Old Age Pension
- Disability Pension (rider)
- Survivors’ Pension (rider)
- Rehabilitation (rider)
- Unemployment Pension (rider)
- Part-Time Pension (rider)
- Established in 1986, Mandatum Life Insurance Company Limited, formerly known as Sampo Life, is one of the most respected and well-established life insurance companies in Finland.
- Member of Sampo plc, the Sampo Group’s holding company, which owns and administers the insurance subsidiaries Mandatum Life and the If P&C Insurance Company.
- Provides private, corporate and institutional clients with a range of expertly designed supplementary life and pension insurance solutions as well as high standard wealth management services.
- Operates in the Baltic States under the name Mandatum Life Insurance Baltic SE.
- In 2011, premium income amounted to EUR 849 million, with 250,000 private clients and 25,000 corporate clients. Market share of corporate clients in 2011 was 43 %.
- Rating of Sampo Group is Baa2 (Moody’s).
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 2011.
- Reliable, valued and well-known expert in the group pension business and market leader with a market share of close to 65% in unit-linked group pension products.
- A sophisticated service model is available for the company and its employees alike. In particular, employee access to online services over the Internet using the personal banking codes of any bank is very much appreciated by clients.
- Innovation coupled with decades of experience in life insurance guarantee Mandatum Life’s ability to offer solutions that are not available anywhere else.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life
- Long-Term Disability (lump sum)
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available:
- Group and Individual pension
- Short-Term Disability (annuity)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment