Network Partner Profile
- Founded in 1939. Irish Life was until recently part of the Irish Life & Permanent financial services group. As part of the Irish government solution to the banking crisis, Irish Life was separated from the bank in June 2012 and is 99% owned by the State. Irish Life is a strong, profitable life assurance company and will continue to operate as a normal commercial unit, investing in new products and services for its 1 million customers. It will be sold to a suitable buyer at the most appropriate time in the future.
- Largest life insurance company in Ireland.
- Provides life insurance, disability, specified illness and pension policies, and investment management services in Ireland.
- Total life earnings – new business in 2011 amounted to EUR 271 million.
- Total assets of the Irish Life Assurance in 2011 exceed EUR 29 billion.
- Rated BBB+ by Fitch in 2012.
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 1977.
- Local dividends are given in the form of rebates against future premiums.
- Irish Life sets its own rates - there are no legal tariffs in Ireland.
- Irish Life has a unique range of fund options for the investment of pension funds.
- Cover for specific illnesses.
- Offers unit-linked funds.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life & Survivors’ Pension
- Income Protection Benefits (Disability)
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available:
- Old Age Pension / Lump Sum
- Specific Illness Cover
Available Financial Products:
- Pooled Investment Funds
- Company–Specific Portfolios