Network Partner Profile
- Part of the Unum Group headquartered in the US, it is a pioneer of Group Income Protection (GIP) insurance.
- At the end of 2011, Unum UK protected almost 1.9 million lives through 15,100 schemes.
- Paid total benefit claims of over GBP 288 million in 2011.
- Leading provider of Group Income Protection insurance in the UK market.
- Rating in 2012: A (Excellent) by A.M. Best and A (Strong) by Fitch.
- Specialists in providing tailored income protection solutions for employers and their staff.
- Recognised for leading the way:
- Best GIP provider for an unprecedented 13 years running at the 2011 Health Insurance Awards
- Financial Adviser’s Life & Pensions Income Protection Provider of the Year Award 2012
- Best Group Risk Provider for 2012 at Corporate Adviser Awards
- GIP category winner in 2011 at the Cover Excellence Awards
- Member of the Swiss Life Network since 2004.
- Range of products and support services in the income protection market to suit the needs of all businesses
- Assessment and Guidance Centres that employ experts to help people who have become disabled explore realistic employment options.
- A dedicated team of Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants who can provide practical support to help people adjust to disability. The team also provides advice for employers on reasonable adjustments to the workplace to enable claimants to return to work.
- Unum LifeWorks is an Employee Assistance Programme available to all GIP policyholders at no extra cost.
- Unum LifeWorks Bereavement Support Service is available for all Group Life policyholders.
Coverages and Products
Types of Employee Benefits - Coverage available and poolable:
- Group Life
- Income Protection
- Critical Illness