Born 1948, Swiss national
First Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
Gerold Bührer graduated in economics (lic. oec. publ.) from the University of Zurich in 1972. Following 17 years with the Union Bank of Switzerland as a member of senior management in its financial sector and a Member of the Executive Board of its fund investment company, he joined Georg Fischer Ltd in 1991, where he served as a Member of its Executive Board (Finances) from 1991 until 2000. He began working as an independent economic consultant in 2001 and, from 2006 until 2012, he held the office of Chairman of economiesuisse. Gerold Bührer was a Member of the Grand Council of the Canton of Schaffhausen from 1982 to 1991 and, from 1991 to 2007, a Member of the Swiss Parliament (National Councillor).
- Cellere AG, Member of the Board of Directors
- Georg Fischer Ltd, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- J.P. Morgan, Member of the European Advisory Council
- FehrAdvice & Partners AG, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Meier + Cie AG, Chairman of the Board of Directors (since 4 August 2015)