Born 1957, Swiss national
Chief Executive Officer Switzerland (CEO Switzerland)
Ivo Furrer graduated in law from the universities of Zurich and Fribourg and earned his PhD with a thesis on employee benefits in Switzerland. After joining Winterthur Life in 1982, he worked for several years in international industrial insurance in Switzerland, the UK and the USA. In 1998 he was appointed Chief Underwriting Officer at Winterthur International. He subsequently moved to Credit Suisse Group, where he was Head of e-Investment Services Europe and member of the management of Personal Financial Services. Ivo Furrer began working for Zurich Financial Services in 2002, initially in Germany as head of the international key account business, and in 2005 as a Member of the Global Corporate Executive Committee. In 2007 he was appointed CEO Life Switzerland and Member of the Global Life Executive Committee of Zurich Financial Services.
In September 2008 Ivo Furrer joined the Swiss Life Group as Member of the Corporate Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer Switzerland (CEO Switzerland).
- Sanitas Krankenversicherung and Sanitas Beteiligungen AG, Member of the Board of Trustees and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Valiant Holding AG and Valiant Bank AG, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Swiss Insurance Association (SIA), Member of the Board of Directors and Board Committee
- Zurich Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Board
- Financial Market Authority (FMA) Liechtenstein, Member of the Board of Directors
- Greater Zurich Area (GZA), Member of the Board of Trustees