Chief Executive Officer Switzerland
Markus Leibundgut studied Physics and Mathematics at the University of Bern and gained his doctorate in quantum field theory. Having joined McKinsey & Company in 1999 he worked in various positions as a strategic advisor for companies in a number of sectors including technology, telecommunications and management. During his career at McKinsey & Company, Markus Leibundgut focused on consulting in the insurance sector in Europe and Switzerland. He was elected a partner in 2005. From 2009 to 2011 Markus Leibundgut also managed the McKinsey European Life Insurance Center of Competence. He joined Swiss Life in 2012, initially heading the Finance & Actuarial Services business area as CFO and Member of the Executive Board at Swiss Life Switzerland. In 2013 Markus Leibundgut was appointed Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Executive Board of Swiss Life Germany.
From April 2014 to March 2017 Markus Leibundgut was Chief Executive Officer Germany (CEO Germany) and Member of the Corporate Executive Board of the Swiss Life Group.
Markus Leibundgut was appointed Chief Executive Officer Switzerland (CEO Switzerland) in April 2017. He continues as a member of the Corporate Executive Board of the Swiss Life Group.
- Swiss Insurance Association (SIA), Member of the Board of Directors
- aXenta AG, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Palladio Stiftung, Member of the Board of Trustees
- SOBRADO Software AG, Member of the Board of Directors
- Society for the Promotion of the Institute of Insurance Economics of the University of St Gallen, Member of the Board