Trustworthy collaboration thanks to open dialogue and a cooperative management approach.
The corporate culture of Swiss Life is based on respectful interaction and responsible team-based cooperation. Since we operate in a dynamic environment, we attach great importance to lifelong learning and the ongoing professional and personal development of all employees. Readiness to question the status quo leads to new ideas.
The success factors of this performance culture at Swiss Life include open dialogue and a cooperative management style. The leadership priorities contain binding principles for collaboration between managers and employees in day-to-day activities. These priorities help managers achieve their goals and deliver on their promises to customers, partners and investors.
The Swiss Life Group leadership priorities are as follows:
- We act as if Swiss Life were our own business
- We communicate openly and clearly
- We trust, motivate, empower and support people
- We develop efficient teams - across the company as well
- We deliver results on time
- We accept accountability – follow through and act consequently
Swiss Life regularly conducts employee surveys in cooperation with an independent research institute . The 2015 results show that employee engagement in the Swiss Life Group is above average:
- 86% of all employees took part in the survey (+5 percentage points over the 2013 survey); the global engagement value is 85% (+10 percentage points over the European financial industry external benchmark)
- 90% of all employees are proud to work at Swiss Life (+13 percentage points over the European financial industry external benchmark)
- 94% of employees say they would go the extra mile for Swiss Life (+14 percentage points over the European financial industry external benchmark)
- 88% of employees support the strategy and direction of their unit
 Source: Global Employee Engagement Survey, IPSOS (Suisse) SA 2015
Group-wide standard processes are used to provide optimal support to managers and employees:
- Employee performance reviews (all)
- Performance assessments with all employees (setting of objectives and subsequent performance assessment)
- Professional development interviews and measures
- Decisions on salary and promotions
- Strategy and value-oriented behaviour – as per the Group-wide competency model
- Assessment of employee risks