Trustworthy collaboration thanks to open dialogue and a cooperative management approach.
Essential pillars of Swiss Life’s successful performance culture are respectful interaction and trustworthy cooperation within the company, which in turn enable open dialogue among management, employees and team members. This foundation of trust makes it possible to question current practice and to develop and implement new ideas. So as to anticipate and respond to the constant flux, there is an emphasis on life-long learning plus the professional and personal development of all employees. The recognition and appreciation of performance ensures above average employee engagement, which benefits customers, shareholders and investors.
The Swiss Life Group leadership priorities are as follows:
Swiss Life’s management and leadership culture is a product of its corporate values, which are based on its brand promise; this last expresses the way employees and management at Swiss Life think, feel and act. The resulting successful management and communication style is set out in the Swiss Life Group’s leadership priorities. Proceeding from this foundation, management and communication in day-to-day work mean the creation of credibility and trust, showing direction and providing perspective, and making goals reality together. In addition, managers must set an example.
Swiss Life’s leadership priorities
- We act as if Swiss Life were our own business
- We communicate openly and clearly
- We trust, motivate, empower and support people
- We develop efficient teams across the company
- We deliver results on time
- We accept accountability – follow through and act consequently
Group-wide standard processes are used to provide optimal support to managers and employees.
Swiss Life’s leadership processes:
- Performance reviews with all employees
- Performance assessments with all employees (setting of objectives and subsequent performance assessment)
- Professional development interviews and measures
- Decisions on salaries and promotions
- Strategy and value-oriented behaviour – as per the Group-wide competency model
- Assessment and management of employee risks