Swiss Life accompanies and advises its customers throughout their life. With individual pension and financial advice for private and corporate customers as well as proven investment expertise for institutional investors, we enable people to lead a self-determined life.
In November 2015, Swiss Life presented the “Swiss Life 2018” Group-wide programme. As part of this programme, Swiss Life focuses on four strategic areas: earnings growth and earnings quality; capital, cash and dividends; a focus on customers and providing them with advice; and operational efficiency.
To promote quality of earnings and earnings growth, Swiss Life is prioritising four profit sources: The savings result, the risk result, the fee and commission result and the cost result. Swiss Life will increase the resilience of its business model by continuing the expansion of its fee and commission business, which is comparatively capital-light.
Swiss Life will continue in future consistently focusing all business processes on customers. In addition, over the next three years, Swiss Life will increase investment by well over CHF 100 million to further the development of the business model, and thus lay the foundations of the Group's future success. The investments are to be primarily in digitalisation, quality of advice and organic growth initiatives.
The Group-wide programme is based on the «Swiss Life 2015» and Milestone programmes, both now successfully concluded, which provided Swiss Life's competitive position sustainable reinforcement despite a difficult environment.
Financial objectives until 2018
- We aim to increase the fee and commission result from CHF 269 million in 2014 to CHF 400-450 million.
- Our target for the risk result is CHF 350-400 million.
- Cumulatively over the next three years, we are aiming at new business worth over CHF 750 million.
- To free up resources for investment, we will make additional cost savings of CHF 100 million in 2018. Operating costs (excluding Asset Managers) are thus to remain stable over the next three years.
- Also cumulatively over the next strategic phase, our objective is to remit at least CHF 1.5 billion in cash to Swiss Life Holding.
- Our payout ratio, meanwhile, will be in the 30-50% range.
- We continue to expect an adjusted return on equity of 8-10%.