Expat solutions now available to Swiss-based companies
Thanks to this cooperation and the solutions and services provided by Sanitas and GMC Services, the health and assistance modules included in Swiss Life Expat Select* are now also available to companies based in Switzerland. There are two products on offer:
This plan is suitable for employers in Switzerland with employees and their dependents on international assignment outside Switzerland who remain subject to compulsory Swiss health insurance (LAMal/KVG) during the first two years (minimum) of their international assignment.
Sanitas Private International
Suitable for employers in Switzerland with employees and their dependents on international assignment outside Switzerland who are not, or are no longer, subject to compulsory health cover under Swiss health insurance rules (LAMal/KVG) and/or the Free Movement of Persons Agreement with the EU/EEA.
Both products described above:
- are fully compliant with Swiss regulations and accredited by the Swiss supervisory authorities FINMA and BAG/OFSP
- combine basic health insurance with supplementary top-level private cover for in-patient and out-patient benefits (no gaps, no cumbersome coordination)
- provide, in addition to in-patient and out-patient benefits, basic dental, optical and assistance cover (evacuation and repatriation)
- extend medical underwriting advantages for groups of employees
- offer a private health continuation option, without medical evidence, for scheme leavers returning to Switzerland
- supply online services for employers and scheme members:
- employer and member personalized secure access
- reimbursement statements in different currencies with online tracking
- direct settlement services
- communication with a designated back-office team
- use a worldwide network offering 24/7 service staffed by multi-lingual specialists spread across four continents.
The new partnerships represent a significant step forward in the delivery of expatriate employee benefits, as well as a major milestone in Swiss Life’s mission to provide top-quality employee benefit solutions worldwide. We look forward to discussing how Swiss Life Expat Select can help your company in Switzerland or in EU/EEA countries in the very near future.
For more information
please contact Ms. Carmen del Carpio, Swiss Life Network
Phone: +41 43 284 45 92
* Swiss Life Expat Select
This is the ideal solution for multinational companies based in the EU/EEA that employ expatriates worldwide. Offering retirement, death, disability, health and assistance through a flexible one-stop-shop modular solution, improvements in underwriting and pricing across all lines ensure that each coverage is competitive in its market. The real added value comes through simplified and coordinated sales, underwriting and administration processes for multiple coverages. These avoid unnecessary duplication of information and help to deliver a faster service and superior product to both employers and expatriates.
* Sanitas Privatversicherung AG
Founded in 1958, Sanitas is one of the five largest health insurers in Switzerland. The company has 750 employees in Switzerland, in offices throughout the country. In 2010, Sanitas had 890,000 insureds on its books, over 2,000 group health contracts, and a premium volume of CHF 2.3 billion. Sanitas specializes exclusively in health insurance, and is committed to helping people live longer and healthier lives. Its flexible and comprehensive product range meets the needs of both corporate and individual clients.
* GMC Services SA
As part of the Henner Group, a family-owned company established in Paris in 1947, GMC Services provides advisory and administration services to employers and claims management to expatriates, including direct settlement with hospitals and selected outpatient facilities worldwide. The company’s 950 employees from 34 nationalities speaking 36 languages are based in France, Switzerland, Brazil, Tunisia, Kenya and Singapore. The company has also developed partnerships in North America and Asia. GMC Services serves 7,800 companies and groups, and over 1.2 million beneficiaries in France and abroad, including over 232,000 individuals in 192 countries.
The GMC medical network and administration services
GMC’s international network covers nearly 12,000 providers in 152 countries and offers both direct billing arrangements and negotiated fees. Backed by ISO 9001 and V2008 certification, GMC delivers:
- claim reimbursements within 48 hours (excluding payment time)
- payment accuracy of over 99%
- a general dropped-call rate below 2%
- email response time of 48 hours
As a result of its excellent service delivery, 95% of GMC customers report satisfaction with the company’s services, and more than 50% have been clients for over ten years.