Sustainability is at the heart of what Swiss Life does. With concrete measures, we want to make our contribution to sustainable development – for the benefit of the people, the society and the environment.
Swiss Life enables people to lead a self-determined life. This includes supporting them in shaping their financial future according to their requirements, including those concerning sustainability.
The sustainability strategy of Swiss Life is an integral part of the new Group-wide programme “Swiss Life 2024”. To this end, the company has set out clear goals for making progress in the area of sustainability and making this measurable and transparent for stakeholder groups.
Sustainability targets up to 2024
Reduce CO₂ emissions per FTE by 35% by 2024 and compensate emissions to reach net-zero operations
- Adjustment of business travel
- Further improvement of energy efficiency
- Net-zero operations since 2022 through compensation of all measured, unavoidable CO₂ emissions of own business activities
Asset owner & manager
Reduce CO₂ emission intensity for directly owned real estate by 20% by 2030 (compared to 2019)
- Strong ESG integration: Responsible investment strategy covers around 90% of AuM
- Maintain strong ESG risk management while seizing opportunitiesand solutions
- Securities portfolio: Maintain lower carbon intensity than relevant benchmarks
Expand offering with sustainability solutions
- Respond to increasing market demand and expand value-creating offering with sustainable solutions
- Continue to integrate sustainability criteria in the underwriting process
Integrate sustainability in the advisory process
- Adapt advisory processes and tools to meet growing customer sustainability expectations
- Systematically enhance competencies and integrate new own and 3rd-party sustainability offerings
Our concrete measures
Memberships and reports
Swiss Life is a member of various sustainability initiatives. Participating in a conversation via selected networks enables Swiss Life to better understand the requirements and expectations of the company with regard to environmental and social issues.
Swiss Life wants to make an active contribution to reducing CO₂ emissions. To this end, it has defined measures to make its own business activities more sustainable.