New web-based systems for reporting member movements
HLA is also enhancing and developing new systems to report member movements. This feature, launched in the third quarter of 2009, facilitates online member reporting and allows online print-out of debit and credit notes by policyholders.
The enhanced features include:
- fast and easy name movement/declaration through web-based access
- generation of invoices online for employee movements/declaration
- improvements to the schedule attachment layout based on feedback from corporate clients
- customised user accessibility with different access levels according to roles, responsibilities and functions.
Employee benefits features
HLA offers numerous important advantages through its employee benefits solutions, which include:
- special savings and insurance protection plans, including the Comprehensive Group Insurance Scheme (CGIS)
- prompt claims settlement
- excellent service and support across all channels: clients, brokers and agents
- extensive range of group products, including group term life, accidental death, disability lump sum (rider), critical illness (rider), group personal accident, group hospital and surgical, and other programmes such as mortgage insurance, credit life, and unit-linked insurance.
HLA appointed Ms Loh Guat Lan as the company's new Group Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer with effect 1 September 2009. Ms Loh was previously Chief Operating Officer of the company's Life Division, and has 19 years of insurance industry experience, particularly in agency management, branch management, and training.
Under Ms Loh's watch, the Life Division achieved numerous milestones. Gross life premium grew by 17.8% for financial year-end 2008/2009, and new life business in calendar year 2008 grew by 41.7% for annualised premiums and 17.7% for total premiums. Meanwhile, renewal business rose by 24.9%. In 2008, HLA's market share increased to 8.5% (from 6.3% in 2007) for total annualised premiums, which included both traditional and investment-linked products whereby HLA ranks No 5 in the industry.
For more information
please visit www.hla.com.my