Swiss Life successfully concluded its tender offer to the shareholders of AWD Holding AG. Following the expiry of the additional acceptance period on 13 March 2008, Swiss Life holds a total of 86.2% of the company’s shares.

By the end of the additional acceptance period on 13 March 2008, a total of 27.3 million AWD shares were tendered to Swiss Life, which corresponds to 70.7% of the shares issued. In addition, Swiss Life holds either directly or indirectly another 6.0 million shares, or a 15.5% stake. Thus Swiss Life has acquired a total of 33.3 million or 86.2% of AWD shares for EUR 980 million (approx. CHF 1.5 billion).

All the authorisations required for the transaction were received by 4 March 2008. The two companies have already begun to plan the implementation of their partnership. Swiss Life will disclose further information on its cooperation with AWD at its annual results media conference, which will be held on 27 March.

The shares tendered will be purchased on 19 March 2008. The purchase consideration will then be paid out to former shareholders via the relevant custody banks.


Media Relations
Phone +41 43 284 77 77

Investor Relations
Phone +41 43 284 52 76

Swiss Life
The Swiss Life Group is one of Europe’s leading providers of pension and life insurance products. The Swiss Life Group offers individuals and companies comprehensive advice across a broad range of products via agents, brokers and banks in its domestic market, Switzerland, where it is market leader, and selected European markets. Multinational companies are serviced with tailor-made solutions by a network of partners in over 60 countries and regions.

Swiss Life Holding, registered in Zurich, dates back to the Schweizerische Rentenanstalt founded in 1857. Shares of Swiss Life Holding are listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange (SLHN). The Swiss Life Group employs a staff of around 9000.


AWD, founded in 1988 and based in Hanover, is the leading independent financial services provider in Europe. AWD's client base comprises 1.9 million private individuals in the middle and upper-income segments. The M-DAX-listed company has 6300 financial advisors looking after customers in ten European countries.
Cautionary statement regarding forward-looking information
This publication contains specific forward-looking statements, e.g. statements including terms like “believe”, “assume”, “expect” or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may result in a substantial divergence between the actual results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and those explicitly or implicitly presumed in these statements. Against the background of these uncertainties, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The company assumes no responsibility to update forward-looking statements or to adapt them to future events or developments.